Rocky road


These no bake chocolate snacks are my brother's favourite sweet treat and every time I prepare them I remember my mum making them for his birthdays.❤
The recipe is from an  English friend of my mother and, until I moved to Cambridge, I've always known them as "Jenny chocolate pudding". Then I discovered that their real name is Rocky road and they are Prince William's favourite cake too...so it seems that my brother has royal tastes! Hahaha!
In the original recipe there were mini marshmallows but in the late 70s, when my mother use to prepare these snacks, you couldn't find  marshmallows in the shops in Italy so she substituted them with chopped almonds...
These are the ingredients for a 20x20 baking tray:

   
Method

Put the biscuits into a freezer bag and bash them with a rolling pin until you have both crumbs and pieces of biscuits (about 1 cm), transfer them into a big bowl and set aside.


Cream the butter with the cocoa powder until smooth then add the chopped almonds.
Put the sugar and the water in a saucepan and bring to boil. When the sugar is well dissolved tip in the butter and cocoa powder cream and stir on very low heat. Add the eggs one at a time and stir for a couple of minutes then pour the mixture over the biscuits and mix well using a spatula.
Tip into the baking tray lined with parchment paper and flatten with the back of a spoon.
Set into the fridge overnight then cut the Rocky road into squares using a big knife. To ease the cut immerge the knife's blade into hot water so your squares will have perfect edges.





Labels: , ,